Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I love g-shocks. I probably have owned over 30 models, over the years, in different styles and features. I have been looking at the Giez line for years, but never wanted to spend the price Casio asked. The Giez watches have always been around $300, some selling for $500. When I saw this particular model, I jumped on it. It is not the solar/atomic models seen in the newer G's. It runs on a battery, and that is fine for me considering this watch is analogue, has no light, or anything to quickly drain the battery. The watch is extremely accurate, and the although the atomic feature is nice, it's not necessary for me. The same goes for the solar. It's not a necessary feature for me, as the batteries in these watches last for years with moderate use. I am not saying solar/atomic is a gimmick, but it's not a necessary feature that a lot of people will try to make you believe. Also, any good watch, and I include this watch in my "good" category, needs to be properly maintained to ensure a long life. Periodic cleaning and gasket replacement. This watch is no Rolex, but it is nicely built, and the materials used are better quality than most of the sport watches out there, including other G-shock models. The body of the watch is all stainless steel, with the usual resin covering the spots vulnerable to damage from a drop, or bump. The buttons are all steel as well, and look sharp! The lume is the best I've seen on a G and with moderate light glows for hours.
The band on the Giez is a softer rubber, not stiff resin, and is a lot more comfortable to wear than a lot of G's I've worn. This particular model is classy, and draws the line between sporty and dress. I wouldn't wear it with a tux, but a shirt and tie....maybe. The watch is about 48mm across, but the actual face of the watch is smaller than I expected, considering its a chronograph. The case is wide, but the face is small. The thickness is about right, and I am able to wear it with a long sleeve shirt. This watch is also heavier than most of the G's I have owned. It isn't "Invicta subaqua heavy", but is more substantial than most G-shocks.
In conclusion, I really like this watch. It is one of my favorites in my collection, and will get a lot of wrist time. Just beware....it isn't the easiest thing to set at first, but be patient and you will be able to do it. (you'll see what I mean) At $119 this is a steal!!!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Casio Men's Watch GS1001-7A
Stainless steel case with a black resin bracelet. Fixed black and siver-tone bezel. Silver dial with luminous hands and stick hour markers. Minute markers around the outer rim. World-tme cities around the inner bezel. Luminiscent hands and markers. Chronograph - three sub-dials displaying: 24 hours, 24 hours (world-time) and 1/10th of a second.. Quartz movement. Scratch resistant mineral crystal. Solid case back. Water resistant at 200 meters / 660 feet.
Click here for more information about Casio Men's Watch GS1001-7A
0 comments:
Post a Comment