Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)I've had this watch for almost a year now. More precisely, I had two, both of which came from a department store. The first example had a mysterious smudge inside the crystal. I didn't notice it until a few days later, when viewing it it under direct sunlight. In those few days, I noticed the lume was quite poor as well.
I exchanged the watch, and the second example was much more acceptable. Being owned by Seiko, this Pulsar may very well be a 1/20 Seiko chrono, but with laxed manufacturing tolerances to keep the price low. If that's indeed the case, then quality control took a compromise as well. The red chronograph seconds hand is ever a hair off from being on center. I know Citizen has procedures to calibrate the hands of its chronos, but I couldn't find any instructions in the Pulsar manual.
Besides those small quips, this watch runs without fuss and fanfare. The subdial at the 12 o'clock position is a 1/20th timer, so it goes whirling away during timing functions. The subdial at 6 o'clock contains a minute and hour hand, which allows the chrono to track up to 12 hours of elapsed time. As a thoughtful power saving feature, the 1/20th hand stops its crazed spinning after any consecutive span of 10 minutes, while the rest of the chrono continues on.
The lume on this watch is rather surprising. Again, being under Seiko, they may very well have used Seiko's Lumibrite, though unofficially. I have a Seiko automatic, with the "official" Lumibrite substance, and the Pulsar glows just as well. In fact, my job involves rising before dawn, and in the morning darkness, I can still read the Pulsar's time from its glow. Along the same lines, the crystal may "unofficially" be Seiko's Hardlex substance, because it's taken a few hits without damage.
An easter egg of sorts for this watch is the split timing function like a digital stop watch. If the Reset button (at 4 o'clock) is pressed while the chrono is active, the hands will freeze. The on-board circuitry, however, is still counting elapsed time. Once the Reset button is pressed again, the hands snap to the true elapsed time and continue on with timing. I gauged this against a digital stopwatch, and the split timing was spot on.
This is a good watch for the money, if value is concerned. In a world of thick bezels and tachymeter markings, its rather understated, especially if you switch out the stock watchband for a traditional black or brown leather band. Just be ready for potential quality control issues.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Pulsar Men's PF8191 Chronograph Black Strap Watch
This two-tone men's chronograph with black fabric strap is accented by a black dial with 3 sub dials (seconds, minutes, alarm), luminous hands and date calendar. The 1/20th second stopwatch records elapsed time up to 12 hours. Other features include: split time measurement and screwdown caseback. 50M water resistant.
Click here for more information about Pulsar Men's PF8191 Chronograph Black Strap Watch
0 comments:
Post a Comment